Everyone has their little pet peeves. I personally have a few that really irritate the hell out of me. Here’s a short list of some of mine. Some are amusing, others are more serious…
1. Those “Truth” commercials about smoking. Those commercials are so snotty and condescending it makes me want to smoke just to spite them. Those idiots should learn that being jerky doesn’t win people over to your side.
2. People who use the word “then” instead of “than”. Like, “I’d rather go to a baseball game then to a basketball game.” Didn’t you people ever take an English class? English is a cool language. You should try to learn it sometime.
3. People who block isles in the store while they stand there talking to someone even though they know you’re waiting to get by. I think it should be legal to run people over with your damn cart when they do that.
4. Political pundits who defend their candidate’s wrong doings by saying that the other side does the same stuff. Look you idiots, if something is wrong, then it’s wrong. Just because someone else does it doesn’t make it right for your guy to do it, so shut the hell up, have some integrity and accept the blame when it’s well deserved. I really believe that integrity and politcs are mutually exclusive. When you have people who’s only concern is getting elected, they’ll do or say anything they have to in order to get another term in office. That’s just wrong.
5. People who take away the rights of adult individuals under the pretext that we have to, “protect the children.” People like this really irritate the hell out of me. Don’t take away my rights to view or hear what I want just to protect your snot nosed little brats from it. How about taking some responsibility as a parent and keeping your kid away from it yourself instead of trying to make viewing decisions for everyone in the country? I don’t need anyone else, especially idiots like this, telling me what I can and can’t see or hear.
6. People who are hypocrites. Like at my last job. I got fired for doing stuff that everyone did. Someone just had it in for me and got me fired. The big boss was an alcoholic who was drunk more often at work than she was sober, and often she’d get so drunk at lunchtime that she wouldn’t even come back to work. My direct boss used to spend about 80% of his time playing solitaire, yet me playing games when there was nothing else to do was cited as one of the reasons I was let go. Everyone in the office played games at one time or another when there was nothing to do. If you’re going to do something that affects someone else’s life in such a major way, then you should make sure you’re without sin before you start throwing stones at people. I know I was good at my job, and so do they, and so did everyone else I helped there. I was well liked by the users and got along with everyone quite well. It’s just too bad the monkeys were running the zoo and the zookeeper got fired because of it.
7. People who get offended easily and actually walk around looking for things to be offended by. Look you idiots, the constitution guarantees the right of free speech. Nowhere in there does it say that you people have the right to never be offended by anything. Grow the hell up and face the world as it is instead of constantly trying to bitch people into changing their own human nature to suit your own little personal idea of utopia where everyone’s happy like they are in Teletubby land.
8. Watching the same commercials 37 times a day on the sci-fi channel. I swear they advertise their shows constantly and watching the same commercials over and over again gets really annoying. If you guys are going to advertise the same show over and over, at least come up with a few variations of the commercial with different scenes.
9. Hollywood celebs who think we actually give two snots about what their political opinions are. Well, we don’t, so just shut up and act, or sing, or make crappy movies or whatever the hell else it is you’re supposed to be doing.
10. People who refuse to see the truth in things. There’s people out there bitching about how we invaded Iraq and what not because people got killed. Well let me ask those of you who feel that way this: There’s been a relatively small number of people killed in this conflict compared to the hundred plus thousand that Saddam had killed and buried in mass graves. He and his sons had people tortured, killed, mutilated, and raped. Now isn’t it funny how the people bitching about the war are usually the same people bitching about human rights abuses around the world? Doesn’t that seem a little hypocritical? We go in and free a people who were being slaughtered and tortured by their leaders, and all these protesters can do is bitch about it. So I guess what they’re really saying is that they whole heartedly support rape, torture, and mass murder. It’s nice to know where they really stand.
These are just some of my pet peeves. We all have them, and some are more irritating than others, but when it comes right down to it, they’re ALL irritating. I don’t know why I made this post, I guess I just wanted to bitch a little.